A very clever credit card scam is sweeping the country! Watch out for it.
Here’s how it works …
Scammers (usually from foreign countries) put a small charge of your credit card. The charge is usually under $10 and usually an “odd” amount, like $8.49 or $7.67 or $9.84. But this is more like series of popular online friv games than what is described above.
There point of the scam is to “sneak” this charge onto your account hoping you don’t notice! Think about that. If they can do this to to hundreds of thousands of people, they get rich – quickly!
The message here: CHECK YOUR ACCOUNT STATEMENTS EVERY MONTH AND CONTEST UNKNOWN CHARGES IMMEDIATELY.
- THE BIG MISTAKES - Home Repairs! - AROUND THE HOUSE, BLOG 9 Jul , at 4:05 PM
- DIAMOND RING STOLEN IN TRANSIT - BLOG, INSURANCE, TROUBLESHOOTING 24 May , at 9:10 AM
- THE LEMON LAW IN ACTION! - BLOG, MOTOR VEHICLES, TROUBLESHOOTING 9 May , at 11:36 AM
- THE TRUTH ABOUT VEHICLE EXTENDED WARRANTIES - BLOG, MOTOR VEHICLES 13 Nov , at 9:23 AM
- MONEY IS THERE BUT CHECK BOUNCED! - BLOG, BUSINESS, CREDIT & FINANCE 1 Nov , at 3:23 PM