I have a problem with UPS (United Parcel Service) and how they handle their insurance claims. If you’ve ever shipped something by UPS and it showed up damaged, you probably experienced frustration wen trying to get paid for that damage.
Here is the problem. They offer insurance, collect a premium but don’t want to pay claims! Their main reason for denying claims is that the item was not packed properly. And if you ask them how they came to that conclusion, they say … because it broke!
I don’t blame them for not wanting to pay for damages caused by improper packing. But if that is going to be the case then they should require that they inspect the packing before insuring it. Otherwise, consumers are buying insurance but never knowing if they have coverage.
However, they do not inspect packages. They just take your money then tell you it wasn’t packed properly packed!
- THE BIG MISTAKES - Home Repairs! - AROUND THE HOUSE, BLOG 9 Jul , at 4:05 PM
- DIAMOND RING STOLEN IN TRANSIT - BLOG, INSURANCE, TROUBLESHOOTING 24 May , at 9:10 AM
- THE LEMON LAW IN ACTION! - BLOG, MOTOR VEHICLES, TROUBLESHOOTING 9 May , at 11:36 AM
- THE TRUTH ABOUT VEHICLE EXTENDED WARRANTIES - BLOG, MOTOR VEHICLES 13 Nov , at 9:23 AM
- MONEY IS THERE BUT CHECK BOUNCED! - BLOG, BUSINESS, CREDIT & FINANCE 1 Nov , at 3:23 PM