SOCIAL SECURITY FOR EX-SPOUSES
Posted by Tom Martino at 1:44 pm 25 Comments Print
Did you know ex-spouses are entitled to part of your social security benefits?
If they are unmarried and at least 62-years old, they get the difference between their own benefits and the benefits they’d get under you. Of course, if they’re benefit is more than yours, they get nothing from you.
By the way … the social security benefits that go to ex-spouses do not affect the social security benefits received by you or your current spouse.
In order for an ex-spouse to collect from your social security, they have would’ve had to be married to you for at least 10-years.
- THE BIG MISTAKES - Home Repairs! - AROUND THE HOUSE, BLOG 9 Jul , at 4:05 PM
- DIAMOND RING STOLEN IN TRANSIT - BLOG, INSURANCE, TROUBLESHOOTING 24 May , at 9:10 AM
- THE LEMON LAW IN ACTION! - BLOG, MOTOR VEHICLES, TROUBLESHOOTING 9 May , at 11:36 AM
- THE TRUTH ABOUT VEHICLE EXTENDED WARRANTIES - BLOG, MOTOR VEHICLES 13 Nov , at 9:23 AM
- MONEY IS THERE BUT CHECK BOUNCED! - BLOG, BUSINESS, CREDIT & FINANCE 1 Nov , at 3:23 PM