THIS PREVENTS ALTERATION OF YOUR WILL!
Posted by Tom Martino at 12:00 pm 47 Comments Print
Make sure that your last will and testament is protected!
Merely having a will is not enough. It must be known that you have a will and it must be accessible to several people so it will be recognised, not altered and read. Here are a few suggestions, from our expert David Salsbury, attorney at law on my Referral List @ ReferralList.com
TALK – Make it known that you have a will. Tell immediate family, other relatives, friends and legal representatives.
FILE – It’s called “Lodging your will”. It simply means that you file it with your county probate court.
LEGAL REPRESENTATION – Enlist the support of an attorney to keep a copy of your will, with instructions to open it upon your death.
COPIES – Make a few copies of your will and give them to trusted relatives and friends.
SAFE DEPOSIT BOX – Consider renting a safe deposit box and keep a copy of your will in it.
HOME SAFE – Consider buying a small home safe for documents, to store your will.
- THE BIG MISTAKES - Home Repairs! - AROUND THE HOUSE, BLOG 9 Jul , at 4:05 PM
- DIAMOND RING STOLEN IN TRANSIT - BLOG, INSURANCE, TROUBLESHOOTING 24 May , at 9:10 AM
- THE LEMON LAW IN ACTION! - BLOG, MOTOR VEHICLES, TROUBLESHOOTING 9 May , at 11:36 AM
- THE TRUTH ABOUT VEHICLE EXTENDED WARRANTIES - BLOG, MOTOR VEHICLES 13 Nov , at 9:23 AM
- MONEY IS THERE BUT CHECK BOUNCED! - BLOG, BUSINESS, CREDIT & FINANCE 1 Nov , at 3:23 PM