PROBLEM WITH NEW OIL FILTER HOUSINGS
Posted by Tom Martino at 12:48 pm 22 Comments Print
Oil Filter Warning
Newer cars now have oil filter elements that slip into a housing with a plastic cap.
WARNING: Many of these plastic housing caps are cracking! And when they crack the results can be damaging. It can often take a long time to manifest but with heat and vibration the crack will cause an oil leak. If the leak goes on long enough, and you are not paying attention to oil lights or not checking oil, you could end up with engine damage.
- THE BIG MISTAKES - Home Repairs! - AROUND THE HOUSE, BLOG 9 Jul , at 4:05 PM
- DIAMOND RING STOLEN IN TRANSIT - BLOG, INSURANCE, TROUBLESHOOTING 24 May , at 9:10 AM
- THE LEMON LAW IN ACTION! - BLOG, MOTOR VEHICLES, TROUBLESHOOTING 9 May , at 11:36 AM
- THE TRUTH ABOUT VEHICLE EXTENDED WARRANTIES - BLOG, MOTOR VEHICLES 13 Nov , at 9:23 AM
- MONEY IS THERE BUT CHECK BOUNCED! - BLOG, BUSINESS, CREDIT & FINANCE 1 Nov , at 3:23 PM