Imagine getting a phone call from police saying they are investigating a hit & run and you are the one who did it!
Police say someone reported that you hit their car in a parking lot then took off. It is happening to many people and it is a scam!
Here’s how it works: Someone with damage to their car wants to get someone else to pay for it. So they park next to a nice car in a parking lot and they write down your license plate number along with a description of the car. Then they wait for you to go to your car. They write down your description. After you leave, they call police and give them your information.
Police call you and inquire about it. Apparently there are many people who give in and pay for the repairs instead of fighting it!
- THE BIG MISTAKES - Home Repairs! - AROUND THE HOUSE, BLOG 9 Jul , at 4:05 PM
- DIAMOND RING STOLEN IN TRANSIT - BLOG, INSURANCE, TROUBLESHOOTING 24 May , at 9:10 AM
- THE LEMON LAW IN ACTION! - BLOG, MOTOR VEHICLES, TROUBLESHOOTING 9 May , at 11:36 AM
- THE TRUTH ABOUT VEHICLE EXTENDED WARRANTIES - BLOG, MOTOR VEHICLES 13 Nov , at 9:23 AM
- MONEY IS THERE BUT CHECK BOUNCED! - BLOG, BUSINESS, CREDIT & FINANCE 1 Nov , at 3:23 PM