PARKING LOT SCAM: BODY WORK!
Posted by Tom Martino at 9:31 am 25 Comments Print
If you are approached in a parking lot by someone offering to repair body damage on your car BEWARE! It is a scam.
Many people with minor body damage like the idea of getting it fixed quickly and efficiently, so the idea of getting repairs done in a parking lot while shopping sound appealing. However, the bodywork is substandard. It is virtually impossible to do proper body work in an outside, uncontrolled environment.
If you get body work done in a parking lot, it may look cosmetically perfect but it won’t last! The shear nature of the job makes it impossible to get long-lasting results. Con men use body putty (filler) to cover and fill dings and dents. The car’s sheet metal is not prepped properly so long-lasting adhesion is impossible. They also do not cure the filler before painting it. The end result is a job that looks good for a few days. After that, it starts shrinking, cracking and crumbling off the car. Meanwhile you’ve paid a few hundred dollars and will have no recourse because you’re not dealing with a reputable body shop.
- THE BIG MISTAKES - Home Repairs! - AROUND THE HOUSE, BLOG 9 Jul , at 4:05 PM
- DIAMOND RING STOLEN IN TRANSIT - BLOG, INSURANCE, TROUBLESHOOTING 24 May , at 9:10 AM
- THE LEMON LAW IN ACTION! - BLOG, MOTOR VEHICLES, TROUBLESHOOTING 9 May , at 11:36 AM
- THE TRUTH ABOUT VEHICLE EXTENDED WARRANTIES - BLOG, MOTOR VEHICLES 13 Nov , at 9:23 AM
- MONEY IS THERE BUT CHECK BOUNCED! - BLOG, BUSINESS, CREDIT & FINANCE 1 Nov , at 3:23 PM