Did you know automotive wiring is now covered with sheathing made from soy? And in some cases corn? It was done to appease environmentalists who did not like Teflon. But it’s causing car problems…
Well, the use of soy and corn not only made environmentalists happy, it also made squirrels, mice and rabbits happy too! That’s because the little critters like to eat it!
I have heard from many consumers who have major electrical problems as a result of little critters eating away the wire sheathing causing shorts and other defects.
So what can you do about it?
There are some rodent-repellent tapes on the market that you can use to re-wrap your wiring. It is laborious but does help. However, my auto electrical expert, Bryant Grossi, owner of Lakewood Auto Electric says it isn’t a perfect fix. He said he has seen some of it eaten through!
Bottom line: The most effective thing to do is keep your auto in a garage surrounded with pesticides. But there is a another option that can help.”
- THE BIG MISTAKES - Home Repairs! - AROUND THE HOUSE, BLOG 9 Jul , at 4:05 PM
- DIAMOND RING STOLEN IN TRANSIT - BLOG, INSURANCE, TROUBLESHOOTING 24 May , at 9:10 AM
- THE LEMON LAW IN ACTION! - BLOG, MOTOR VEHICLES, TROUBLESHOOTING 9 May , at 11:36 AM
- THE TRUTH ABOUT VEHICLE EXTENDED WARRANTIES - BLOG, MOTOR VEHICLES 13 Nov , at 9:23 AM
- MONEY IS THERE BUT CHECK BOUNCED! - BLOG, BUSINESS, CREDIT & FINANCE 1 Nov , at 3:23 PM